The vice-chairman of the Council of Europe's Assembly,
reputable Ukrainian writer and politician, Boris Oleynik,
has said that he was shocked last weekend when, during
his visit to Kosovo-Metohija, he learned about the
Albanian terrorists' monstrous crime against the abducted
Serbs in the village of Klecka, POLITIKA writes.
"This atrocious criminal act is reason
more for all countries, especially those which looked
benevolently upon, and in certain cases also assisted
the terrorists's activities in Kosovo,
finally to realize what is actually at issue",
He added that, last week, apart from Pristina,
he visited a number of other places in Kosovo-Metohija
as well, including the former terrorist base of
the Kosovo separatists in Malisevo. "I
saw for myself on the spot that the allegations about an
alleged destructive campaign by Serbian forces are
FALSE", Oleynik stressed. He
says that Kosovo
Albanian terrorist groups have forced their fellow
nationals to leave their homes and go into the
forests or some distant places, with the intention
of ascribing this perfidious act to the Serbs,
Over two hundred women of Serb nationality
protested in Pristina on Monday
over the crime in Klecka and the abduction of Serb civilians.
According to the GLAS JAVNOSTI [Public Voice], after
a minute of silence for all the abducted and
killed, a protest letter was read calling on the
international community to condemn the crimes in Klecka.
The letter also calls on Albanian women to condemn this
barbarism of their fellow nationals who carbonate
innocent children and people, GLAS JAVNOSTI writes.
While the Yugoslav public is still shocked by what it has seen, the
Serbian victims in Klecka are practically no news for the international
community, the Novi Sad DNEVNIK writes. After the monstrous crime by
Albanian terrorists in Kosovo-Metohija, the world media did not cry out
even by far as much as they did at the beginning of the month, causing
unnecessary alarm over a NON-EXISTENT mass grave with
Albanian victims in the vicinity of Orahovac.
Serbian side immediately allowed
western journalists access to Klecka, footages of the crimes committed
there were not seen in the programs of major [Western] television
stations. The silence of... television stations and news agencies about
what has happened in Klecka is nothing other than a continuation of the
double standard policy of these media and their patrons, writes DNEVNIK.
"As regards the former Yugoslavia, we are directing
our efforts not only
towards the government's activities, but also towards the work of
organizations such as the United Nations, the OSCE and other
organizations present in the field", said for the Podgorica POBJEDA
executive director of the International Helsinki Human Rights
for Europe and Central Asia, Hally Carnter. Even though all these
organizations claim that their priority is the protection of human
Mrs. Carnter said, they often have other priorities, such as economic,
political and other, while human rights are a little lower on their
priority list, POBJEDA writes.
No mention in the Western press about the vice-chairman's